TIPsy Tuesday - Watercolor Paper Dimension


The size watercolor paper I buy often leaves me with narrow scraps that are hard to use after I've cut it up for my watercolor images.  I've finally found a good use for these scraps as dimensionals.  Sometimes I want to pop something off the face of a card or scrapbook page just a little - not as much as a spongy dimensional.  Using a layer of another material  - like watercolor paper - between layers of cardstock gives me that little bit of space.  You could also use some scrap chipboard.

Another thing about regular dimensionals - it can take a lot of them to fill up a space.  I would have needed probably 9 or 10 to do this card.  Using scrap watercolor paper is economical and ensures the card won't get crushed anywhere in the center. 


Project Notes:
 
  • This design is for Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple cards challenge.  The only stamped image allowed was a sentiment.  I just wanted to use up some scrap designer paper.
  • I marked vertical lines on my card base to guide placement of the little strips of scrap paper.  The strips were 2" wide but only about 1 1/4" is showing. 
  • The watercolor strips are trimmed down to about 1/4" less than the aqua cardstock.
  • I used Tombow Mono tape runner adhesive to hold the layers of watercolor paper and cardstock together.
Thanks for visiting!

Ingredients:  Stamp Sets: Whimsical Words by Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Chesnut Roan fluid chalk ink, SU! brown journaling pen
DSP:  Basic Grey Nook and Pantry, October Afternoon Farm Fresh, MME for the solid aqua